Here are all our maps of the Loire Valley in one article, to help you plan your trip and find your favorite places to visit.
- Map of the most beautiful castles in the Loire Valley
- Map of the cities of the Loire
- Map of the most beautiful villages of the Loire
Our opinions are completely independent, based on our experiences. We visited the area anonymously, making our own choices, and paying all our bills in full.
1. Map of the most beautiful castles of the Loire Valley
We start with a great classic: the map of the most beautiful castles of the Loire.
It is difficult to choose among our list of 103 chateaux, as the Loire Valley is so rich in jewels of Renaissance architecture, remarkable gardens or richly furnished royal houses.
To make this selection, we let our emotions speak to share with you our authentic favorites, classified by level of intensity. We give you all the keys to be seized with wonder during your visits.
See our article here, to learn more about each of the castles (with photos).
2. Map of the most beautiful cities on the Loire
Then, along the Loire River, you can find several fascinating cities of different sizes.
If you want to get to the point, the 7 most important cities to visit along the Loire are, in our opinion :
- Nantes - the most active
- Angers - the sweetest
- Saumur - the most majestic
- Tours - the most convenient
- Amboise - the most authentic
- Blois - our favorite
- Orleans - the most traditional
See our full article here, introducing you to the different cities of the Loire (with pictures) and why we love them.
3. Map of the most beautiful villages on the Loire
According to the French definition a village has less than 2000 inhabitants.
In this selection:
- we focused on the Loire valley around the castles (and not around its source)
- we have chosen our favorite villages
- we decided to include 3 small towns because they have a village atmosphere in their center, they have just a little more inhabitants.
To learn more about each of these villages (with photos), read our dedicated article.
4. Map of the most beautiful places in Nantes
The city of Nantes, which lies along the Loire River, is rich in museums, parks, churches and other places of interest.
Not easy to make a choice.
We help you with our selection of the best places, with, among others:
- The elephant of Nantes and the Machînes de l'Île
- The Castle of Nantes and its museum
- The extraordinary garden,
- The Passage Pommeraye
- The Art Museum of Nantes
See our article here which details all our favorite spots in Nantes (with photos and video) where you will find the details of the numbers.
And more map on the Loire Valley...
We will add more as we complete this site with all our articles and tips